Sidecar videos

Sidecars are rad, and here's the spot to talk about them. Add a third wheel and post away!

Moderators: Tawmass, RedMenace

oremike
pulling in the clutch
pulling in the clutch

Sidecar videos

Postby oremike » Mon Dec 04, 2006 1:35 pm

I was wondering if anyone would share or recomind some sidecar videos with/to me. My 10 year old nephew has watched a couple Isle of Man TT movies and realy likes the sidecar stuff. I know some here Dual-sport with sidecars so thought you all might have a tape of two you'd like to share.
Thanks,
Mike M.
Creswell, Oregon.

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Mon Dec 04, 2006 2:49 pm

I'm sure the all knowing, all seeing Vernon can point you to some cool sidecar videos. :)
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Postby RedMenace » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:45 pm

well there is this:
http://www.hogwildracing.com/
Vernon Wade(The Red Menace)
Sidecar and Trike instruction
adventuresidecar.com

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Postby RedMenace » Mon Dec 04, 2006 7:47 pm

there is also some fun stuff here:
http://www.imz-ural.com/downloads/movies.htm

adventuresidecar.com

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Postby RedMenace » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:01 pm

adventuresidecar.com

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:37 pm

See Mike, What'd I tell ya! :wink:
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

oremike
pulling in the clutch
pulling in the clutch

Postby oremike » Tue Dec 05, 2006 12:56 pm

Thanks for all the replys. I'm looking for something I can stick in my DVD or VHS players. I just have a dial up conection. Way back in the day I think I remember a movie called "let it all hang out" was all about side car raceing, motocross, trials, road and flat track. Way cool. I must be miss-remembering the name,tho. Vernon, you got any home vidios you'd like to share? Aproperate bribes offered. 8)
Mike M.
Creswell, Ore.

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Postby RedMenace » Sat Dec 16, 2006 10:19 am

oremike wrote:Thanks for all the replys. I'm looking for something I can stick in my DVD or VHS players. I just have a dial up conection. Way back in the day I think I remember a movie called "let it all hang out" was all about side car raceing, motocross, trials, road and flat track. Way cool. I must be miss-remembering the name,tho. Vernon, you got any home vidios you'd like to share? Aproperate bribes offered. 8)
Mike M.
Creswell, Ore.

I think you may have to just haunt the video purveyors-someone should have some good Euro sidecar cross stuff out there, and i'd bet there are some home vids of the Elefantreffen(sp?0 and Krystal rallys out there. Hog Wild has a promo vid from thier Dakar attempt for sale.

I don't have anything- but I did get a video camera for my Birthday.... I will probably get some short clips up once I figure out how to use the damn thing. Might get a helmet cam-or if someone with a helmet cam wants to take a little ride this winter, I bet we could make a fun snow video! Right now Cob's clips from Ural IMZA, and the stuff you find on U-Tube is all I know about that is easilly accessable

adventuresidecar.com

oremike
pulling in the clutch
pulling in the clutch

Postby oremike » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:44 pm

Thanks Vernon, so far all I've found (and took a pass on) is a Australian "B" movie called Sidecar Racer. All the reviews say "well at least you get to see some actress in a bikini." IMHO not a very good review for a racing movie. I did order a movie I vagly remember as haveing some sidecar moto-cross in it. It's called Take it to The Limit. I see when I get it.
Mike M.

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:04 am

Take It To The Limit was a great show and you'll like it I'm sure. I think I remember seeing Sidecar Racer years ago in college and I only remember that the sidecar racing itself was great, but that's all I remember. Let me know what you think of TITTL, and maybe I'll get it too.
-Tom

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Postby RedMenace » Sun Dec 17, 2006 7:57 am

Some of the Isle of Mann videos have good coverage of the sidecar race there, but the ones I ahve seen, the sidecars have been a short piece of the main event. All good racing on those vids tho!

There must be some similar moto cross stuff out there! Let us know what you find, cause I want to see it too!

VW

adventuresidecar.com

Return to “Sidecars - Dualsport Style!”