It Lives! Tawm's New Ural is Finally Done

Sidecars are rad, and here's the spot to talk about them. Add a third wheel and post away!

Moderators: Tawmass, RedMenace

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

It Lives! Tawm's New Ural is Finally Done

Postby Tawmass » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:18 am

About three weeks ago I got a tip from my bud Vernon Wade about a used Ural up in Washington State. Then I had another bud, Dave Hooker, go take a look at it. Turns out this thing was in fine shape (only 1k miles), except for the damaged tub. Evidently the previous owner's Son asked his Dad to take it for a spin, and inadvertantly tagged the Dad's pickup bumper while going down the driveway. Must have been a helluva smack as you can see!

I snagged it (thanks for letting me borrow the trailer Joe!), brought it home, and took the damaged tub to a local body shop, Evers Auto Body. I finally got the damaged tub back from said body shop after almost three weeks. They did a really good job as you can see, so was worth the wait. After having this machine for almost three weeks, I am finally able to drive it around. What a blast! I still need to bolt up the tub's windshield, tire and tire rack, otherwise she's good to go! Still need to come up with a good Russian nickname (aside from Urinal!).

And thanks to Vernon Wade for finding this gem, plus Dave Hooker for helping me get it! Now if I can just convince some of my riding buds to get a sidecar rig too. :wink:
-Tom

Before

After
Last edited by Tawmass on Tue Aug 23, 2011 8:40 am, edited 2 times in total.
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Postby RedMenace » Thu Jun 18, 2009 4:47 pm

:cheers:

And since you got it back from the bodyshop so nice and shiny and smooth, Tawm....DON'T FLY THE CHAIR IN REVERSE!

[-X

:P

looking forward to going riding with you soon! looks like you got a smokin' deal!
Vernon Wade(The Red Menace)
Sidecar and Trike instruction
adventuresidecar.com

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Thu Jun 18, 2009 10:22 pm

RedMenace wrote:And since you got it back from the bodyshop so nice and shiny and smooth, Tawm....DON'T FLY THE CHAIR IN REVERSE!

I learned my lesson! #-o
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Mon Jun 29, 2009 11:12 pm

With the windshield, spare tire and rear rack mounted, here's the final product. Sure is fun to drive!

Thinking about naming her either Queen Latifa or Shaniqua. Why? Because she's slow, clunky, big, black and [literally] has junk in the trunk!

That is unless I can come up with a crusty, Russian-female name. :lol:
-Tom
Last edited by Tawmass on Mon Jul 06, 2009 11:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dive
WFO
WFO

Postby Dive » Sun Jul 05, 2009 11:30 am

Well it looks cherry now Tom - Nice find !!!

If you bolt on a garden chair to the wooden board in this pic - You'll get an idea of what the rig looked liked that Dennis built for my KLR (just the board and chair mind you) :D

Dave

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Mon Jul 06, 2009 8:34 am

Dive wrote:If you bolt on a garden chair to the wooden board in this pic - You'll get an idea of what the rig looked liked that Dennis built for my KLR (just the board and chair mind you) :D

Dave

Daayyaammnn! :shock:

Frankyv48
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Re:

Postby Frankyv48 » Thu Jun 25, 2020 2:51 am

Tawmass wrote:With the windshield, spare tire and rear rack mounted, here's the final product. Sure is fun to drive!

Thinking about naming her either Queen Latifa or Shaniqua. Why? Because she's slow Rachat crédit Isolation, clunky, big, black and [literally] has junk in the trunk!

That is unless I can come up with a crusty, Russian-female name. :lol:
-Tom

I have never seen a side car like this before. It’s really cool!

Ace!
WFO
WFO

Re: It Lives! Tawm's New Ural is Finally Done

Postby Ace! » Thu Jun 25, 2020 9:31 am

Well, that's a beauty! And a thread resurrection!
Justitia suum cuique distribuit

Return to “Sidecars - Dualsport Style!”