2008-10-12 Hood River Trailride Report

Post your trailriding stories and ride reports here, whether dualsport or not.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

2008-10-12 Hood River Trailride Report

Postby Tawmass » Sun Oct 12, 2008 9:26 pm

I showed up at the designated riding area in Hood River a bit after 10am and there was already a group of people - our trailmeister Rick, plus Kelly, Adam, Walt, Doug, Dave and yours truly. After a few people giving me grief for being late (where's Hatcher when I need him?), we realized that Kelly had left his boots on the street back in Gresham. Fortunately a local had an extra pair, but we all hope Kelly gets his boots back, but they're probably gone.

Rick led us on an epic ride, plus the day was stellar - good combos! We only did a bit over 30+ miles, but the trails were technical and always kept you focused. I doubt we will get another day this good until next year.
-Tom

Kelly sporting the latest in riding boots.
ImageImage
Bulldogging down a very steep trail (the photo does not do it justice). Everyone is 'beside' their bike for a reason!
ImageImage
ImageImage
ImageImage
Adam sports the latest in Smith & Wesson eye protection.
ImageImage
Last edited by Tawmass on Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Ride
in first gear
in first gear

Postby Ride » Mon Oct 13, 2008 8:31 am

You will not believe this.... my boots were still sitting in the busy parking lot right next to my truck where i left them!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thanks for the great ride all.

Kelly

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:16 am

NO WAY! :shock: Good deal, Kelly - you're lucky!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Ride
in first gear
in first gear

Postby Ride » Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:24 am

That was fun Tom, let's do it again soon. The bar banging was hilarious, glad no one ended up on the ground. It scared Adam, he said he slowed down so he did not run over whomever ended up in the ground or get sprayed with gravel again. :twisted:

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:23 am

Yeah, agree! I love doing that stuff, but only with people that I can trust. Donno why I did that with you! :wink:
-Tom

Return to “Plain Ol' Trail Riding”