How do the points work on a DS event?

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

o3dave
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

How do the points work on a DS event?

Postby o3dave » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:36 pm

Forgive my newness to Dual sport. Curious and could not find any info on the web to answer my question. I see OMRA keeps score for the series, so how do you score or place? OMRA website says DS is a non competitive series. Any inside stuff I will need to know?
Thanks in advance.
Dave
OMRA 103
16 Husq FE501
09 DR 650
73 Yam CT175
Bunch o quads

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: How do the points work on a DS event?

Postby Tawmass » Fri Mar 11, 2016 6:57 am

Not a problem Dave. Think of a dualsport event as basically the same as a poker run, but more fun! You get points earned by games of chance/skill at checkpoints and they add accordingly as you ride through the event. The person with the most points at the finish is the winner on down. Hope that makes sense.
-Tom
PS: nice collection of bikes!
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

saara
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Re: How do the points work on a DS event?

Postby saara » Mon Aug 28, 2017 9:27 am

I would love to do a dual sport close to home. There is good rydin over here on the coast but I would rather see something new to me more inland. I recognize some of the places in your photos, but never ran into that big shaggy guy. I would not mind doing some even 1 day rides several times a year based out of your area.

Return to “Dualsporting In General”