3/17/16 Dualsporting To Butte Falls

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

3/17/16 Dualsporting To Butte Falls

Postby Tawmass » Thu Mar 17, 2016 6:56 pm

Had a gaggle of peeps that wanted to get out and enjoy the massive Spring weather and high temps that afforded southern Oregon! At 10am (or so) MikeN, TinyK, Willy, ArnoldB, PatrickM and I met at my digs and took off.

Our goal was to do some recon for the upcoming Dogface Dualsport Ride on September 17. We promptly took off towards Lost Creek Lake and hit Crowfoot Road and the waterfalls. So many people don't even know about them!

From there we hit private property and had to turn around, then went up towards Medco B Road.

We tried various ways to get in the general direction of Medco Ponds, however Ma Nature kept inserting a hurdle of snow at us. Plus, there was PLENTY of windfalls everywhere - you'd think we had a wet, windy Winter!

From there we finally found Butte Falls and had lunch. A beautiful day, a new waitress and six crusty riders is the formula for a great day! After lunch, Mike and Patrick branched off towards Fish Lake, however the road was still blocked with snow. Who knew?

The rest of us basically reversed the way back home. At the end of the day, we clocked 84 miles on our odometers. Life is good.
-Tom

<---Click on the Vimeo logo for HD and larger viewing!
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Ace!
WFO
WFO

Re: 3/17/16 Dualsporting To Butte Falls

Postby Ace! » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:43 pm

Me likey!
Justitia suum cuique distribuit

Return to “Dualsporting In General”