11-26-05 Trailriding In Trask Area - Ride Report

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

11-26-05 Trailriding In Trask Area - Ride Report

Postby Tawmass » Sun Nov 27, 2005 6:14 pm

CLICK HERE to see all the pictures.

Early Saturday morning, Danno gave me a jingle and said, "Hey, Tom, Josh and I are going riding at Trask along with Rob Chastain and Corey Meneley - go with us!"

"I don't know" I replied, "I already went riding in a torrential downpour yesterday (CLICK HERE to read about it) with Klug and the Gang and I spent an hour cleaning up my scooter and my riding gear hasn't really dried out and I need to cut my nails..." add infinitum. I really wanted to stick around the house and get some cleaning done and do a number of errands that I've put off for too long.

"Tom, to heck with all that - GO RIDING WITH US! It'll be fun. We'll meet you at Ginger Creek around 11am. Bye!" Dan exclaimed. Argh, he got me again.

So I loaded up the CRF yet again and bee lined it towards Carlton and out the Nestucca River. Once cresting the summit, there was snow on the road. I was thankful I brought my rain gear again. Eventually I arrived at the parking area and there was about eight other vehicles already parked and the people were gone. I put on my riding gear and figured I'd wait around for about an hour and, if no one showed back up, I'd go ahead and drive back home - no biggy. After about 15 minutes I see a pickup show up with a couple scoots in the back and low and behold it was Daryll and Ryen Reid. Wow, haven't seen them in like two forevers! Also about that time, Danny Boy came back for me, so it looked like I was going riding after all - woohoo! :P This was to be Ryen's last puttsy before he went in for shoulder surgery, so he needed a fix on his new Yamaha YZ250. Daryll was on a Katoom 250EXC and fired up too. While Danno was there he kept asking if we heard any cats. :-k ??

We all rode up the gravel until we met up with Rob and Corey and then we took off through a number of old classic trails like Leroy's Log Jam, Bridgette's Revenge, East Fork Bypass, M&M, On Any Sunday and a plethora of other trails I cannot remember the names of. It was really great riding yet again with very competent riders who also love challenging trails and don't mind pushing it sometimes. At one point, I once again got someone - when Rob wasn't looking I turned off his gas petcock and then followed him for a mile or two before his YZ250F sputtered and died, giving me a prime opp to ride by tooting my horn and laughing it up. Touche'! One highlight of the day was Joshing getting stuck at the top of a steep section causing me to get stuck behind him. After a couple tries from mid-hill, I had to back the big X down the hill and get another full run at it. Oof. Traction on this day was 180 degrees different than the day prior at Diamond Mill. Trask was the usual mud with roots, whereas Diamond Mill was rock based. New soft-terrain bumpy tires were definately required!

All too soon it was time to head back. Back at the trucks, Danno and Josh explained the cat story. Evidentally his neighbor's kitty had crawled into his bike trailer when he was loading up, so Mouser got to go for a ride out into the woods for the day. You PETA peeps will be glad to know they returned the pussy back to its rightful owner. 8)

I got home just in time to again wash off the Hawg in the dark. :crybaby: Thanks again, Danno, ya ol' boot, for pressuring me into yet another fun rip with everyone! :headbang:
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Dualsporting In General”