8/26/15 Dualsporting Anderson Butte

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

8/26/15 Dualsporting Anderson Butte

Postby Tawmass » Sat Aug 29, 2015 9:55 am

We all met at Debby's Diner in Phoenix for breakfast and anticipated a great day of exploring. This day's ride would include Dave, Tiny, Mike, Pat, Arnold and yours truly.

We headed out towards Anderson Butte Road and were entertained by some great back roads that Tiny took us on (see video below). We wound up over the top and took numerous back roads arriving at one particular road, where Dave mentioned there was a cool trail. Once the dust cleared, I met Tiny at the intersection and we were unsure of which way to go, so we headed left up the road. Unbeknownst to us, the other had went right up a trail. Fortunately everything came together a few miles up, so I just had to go down the trail to check it out, turned around and back up (per video), scaring up a Bambi along the way.

We then made our way south and Pat got stuck in a deep rut, so helped him out. Then Arnold slid out on his Yamaha, and I helped him out, then Tiny showed up with a flat, front tire. We all met up on top of the peak and teamed up to change his tire. We think he got a little into it pumping up the old tube though.

We then went on an old road bed that Mike had scoped out, but it eventually led to a windfall that was too big for our wimpy saws. So we turned around and a few of us approached it from the other end, which was open - yes! Will take a saw up there in the near future to clear it out.

We then made our way back via more obscure roads. Unfortunately Pat did a lipskid on his big BMW and busted a few things. He then had to ride home with no clutch lever. Hope he's okay, as that was a manly effort lugging that thing around all day!

Thanks for another great day of exploring guys!
-Tom

<----best watched in HD/full-screen mode if your computer can do that!
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

bin rydin
WFO
WFO

Re: 8/26/15 Dualsporting Anderson Butte

Postby bin rydin » Fri Sep 18, 2015 5:57 pm

Well that looks like fun. I see you have a whole series of these, how nice,
=D> keep em comin Tawm

Return to “Dualsporting In General”