7/30/16 Hershberger Mountain Recon

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

7/30/16 Hershberger Mountain Recon

Postby Tawmass » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:33 am

Well, it's almost completely official: the Dogface Ride is looking like it will be staged at Diamond Lake!

With that, I headed out in the extreme heat with my midweek riding buds, Tiny and Willy, to check out route options for the event. Was supposed to get over 100 degrees in the valley. Fortunately we planned on getting into the higher elevations and cooler temps.

We unloaded at Union Creek and headed up. It was of course hot and dusty, but still nice to get out.

We eventually made our way to Hershberger Lookout and wow was the panoramic view excellent!
Tiny Knight photo

Then we descended back down to the Rogue River near Rabbit Ears and enjoyed the views on the way.

More good times and another stellar day! When I got back home, this is how hot it was in the shade!
-Tom

You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

bin rydin
WFO
WFO

Re: 7/30/16 Hershberger Mountain Recon

Postby bin rydin » Tue Aug 02, 2016 3:19 pm

If we are up in Diamond Lake how about a two day ride. I have a good chart around the west side of Mt Thielson past a few lakes on the top side, and over to Chemault then back to Diamond on the east side of Thielsen. I also pioneered a way over the top of Crater lake park, then back down the east side of the monument, across the bottom of the park, then back up to Diamond.

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Wed Aug 03, 2016 6:47 am

For year one, it's a one day event. Hopefully it will be successful and we can make it a two day next year!
-Tom
PS: was in Brookings yesterday on an adventure ride, but we were on the gas so couldn't stop by!
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

bin rydin
WFO
WFO

Postby bin rydin » Wed Aug 03, 2016 9:50 am

Now that I am retireded you have a place to stop by

Return to “Dog Face Dualsport-Adventure Ride”