The 2016 Dog Face Dualsport-Adventure Ride, September 17 at Diamond Lake!

Moderator: Tawmass

Ace!
WFO
WFO

Re: The 2016 Dog Face Dualsport-Adventure Ride, September 17!

Postby Ace! » Tue Jan 05, 2016 1:19 pm

On the calendar!
Justitia suum cuique distribuit

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Mon Mar 21, 2016 10:36 am

Added the code for on-line registration for the Dog Face! All tested and fixed. This means you can now register on-line for you early folks. We simply need to get a flyer uploaded now also!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Ace!
WFO
WFO

Postby Ace! » Thu Mar 24, 2016 2:57 pm

Thanks Tom. All paid up and ready to ride!

Khop
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Postby Khop » Thu May 26, 2016 7:38 am

Hey Tom,

I signed up for the Black Dog and Dog Face on April 4th. I saw my entry # for the Black Dog, but not the Dog Face.

Thank you,
Kevin Hopper

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Thu May 26, 2016 8:01 am

Khop wrote:Hey Tom,

I signed up for the Black Dog and Dog Face on April 4th. I saw my entry # for the Black Dog, but not the Dog Face.

Thank you,
Kevin Hopper

Hey Kevin, thanks for the head's up - I missed it, so it's now updated. Thanks for the ping!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: The 2016 Dog Face Dualsport-Adventure Ride, September 17 at Diamond Lake!

Postby Tawmass » Fri Aug 26, 2016 5:35 am

Going out again today for more recon! It will be hot in the Valley, so upper elevations will be nice!
-Tom

bin rydin
WFO
WFO

Postby bin rydin » Mon Sep 12, 2016 2:53 pm

Where are you setting up your headquarters? At the lodge? Going to try to get there Thursday.

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Tue Sep 13, 2016 8:46 am

Hey Lee,
I'll be in the campground just south of the Lodge. The start/finish will be at the Activity Building right across from cabin #25 FYI. Am heading up there Wednesday afternoon, so see you there!
-Tom

Ace!
WFO
WFO

Postby Ace! » Tue Sep 20, 2016 4:14 pm

Any pictures or cool stories?

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Wed Sep 21, 2016 7:27 am

Ace! wrote:Any pictures or cool stories?

Of course! The videos take awhile, argh...
Hey, where were you?

Ace!
WFO
WFO

Postby Ace! » Wed Sep 21, 2016 10:10 am

I was at the Family Fun Center...

My son's birthday was the same weekend. He (originally) didn't want to do anything for his birthday so I figured I was good to go for the Dog Face. On Thursday he said he wanted to do a bunch of stuff Saturday and my wife had to work, so I ended up making sure he had a great time doing whatever he wanted. It meant I had to miss the Dog Face. I was going to head up there after work Friday, but life got in the way. This year has had a lot of interruptions to organized events for me. Almost all of my riding has been spur of the moment, something else falling off the schedule and me then jumping on the bike when I have a few hours or an afternoon. I have to live vicariously through other people's pictures and videos :lol:

Danno
VIP
VIP

Postby Danno » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:05 am

I have to say, the Dog Face was a great ride, especially for a first time event... Tawm pulled another Rabbit out of the Hat! Though with 25+ years of DS event experience, he would have to be getting good... The event went off without much drama...other than maybe a bike over the edge of the trail... down the hill a ways...oh, also an inexperienced "A"sweep rider... well he rides good enough but hasn't rode sweep in over 25 years! TOM!

It really was a fun ride and well worth the long drive there, for me... Also, I got to ride the Minnehaha trail, one of my top 3 ever trails!

Danno
"I usually tighten my nuts better"

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:17 am

Danno wrote:Also, I got to ride the Minnehaha trail, one of my top 3 ever trails!

Hey Danno, that ramp you made on the windfall made it way too easy! :)
-Tom

Danno
VIP
VIP

Postby Danno » Fri Sep 23, 2016 8:49 am

Hey Danno, that ramp you made on the windfall made it way too easy! :)
-Tom

Maybe too easy for a stud like you!!! This Fat A$$ just wanted to pop a wheelie and go over, foot on the pegs... :wink: :wink: :wink:
"I usually tighten my nuts better"

bin rydin
WFO
WFO

Postby bin rydin » Sat Sep 24, 2016 3:19 pm

Interesting change in Mt Bailey over just a few days time. No snow on the mountain across the lake from camp spot on Sunday morning the 18th. I headed up to the John Day area Sunday and cruised around there for three VERY long days. 250 miles, 200 miles (got real lost) and an easy 140 miles, saw some great stuff, billions of cows, a few humans, lots of huge burned areas, met the "come ride with us map guy (named Hutch) out at the remote gas stop at Unity Oregone (not Ore Gun) just by chance (life can be so weird), he was delivering the maps just as I pulled in for gas. He talked me into another great loop witch started from Unity and went another 60 miles out away from John day then another 70 mile back which I started at 330 PM, I had already done 120 miles to get to Unity because I hit a fire closure and had to backtrack thus the 250 mile day.
Tuesday I found some great ratty jeep 2 track, so I got off my route and just smiled myself to death, and when I got back on my route I was well past where I was supposed to turn, so I rode that road until it became a dead end way down in the next county, before I turned around and booked it back to shelter just before dark. Wednesday I headed north and hit some very nice stuff going to Olive lake (road 45 is awesome)It rained there Wednesday just at dark right as I got inside, all night, and the next day I drove back to Diamond lake where it was still raining and rained all night and into Friday. The mountain had a mantle of snow about 2/5ths of the way down from the top. All the dust was gone. Crater lake also got snow. And it was easy to get camp spot E3 where the Gary/Debbie party was just a few days before as there were almost no campers. Supposed to be in the 80's there today. With no dust...

Return to “Dog Face Dualsport-Adventure Ride”