Lost cell phone at Blackdog

Discuss the Black Dog Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

kurtw
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Lost cell phone at Blackdog

Postby kurtw » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:17 am

Hi all! One of my riding buddies, Craig Prettyman, lost his cellphone up at the Black Dog this weekend. We suspect someone found it and tried to make contact with his (confused) mother via the stored numbers in the phone. If that was you, can you please email Craig at nojets@hotmail.com? The phone is replacable but the numbers stored in it are not.

The Black Dog (my first time doing any of the DS rides) was a blast, despite the dampness and USFS restrictions. Highlights for me were the Barlow trail and accidental excursion onto the A route Saturday. (Note to self, just because the B chart says go left, and the inaccurate trip odo says you're at the right mileage, and there are a bunch of other riders turning, DOESN'T mean that it's necessarily the turn on YOUR chart =) Anyway, I'm very glad we hit that part of the A loop so I know what to expect from an A trail and wouldn't have minded finishing the A route
for that day.

BIG, BIG thanks to Tom, and everyone else who staffed the checkpoints and made it all happen behind the scenes. You put on a great event!

Thanks!
--Kurt

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Mon Jul 11, 2005 3:01 pm

Kurt,
I just called up Craig's Mom today and found out who the cellphone belonged to, so all is good now. Someone turned it in to me and we tried to call a few people to find out who it belonged to, but the batteries kept failing. Looks like we've got it covered now and I'll ship it out in the mail asap.

Thanks heaps for the kind words and showing up for the ride.
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Black Dog 2-Day Dualsport/Adventure Ride”