New rider needs a few pointers at Zig Zag

Discuss the Black Dog Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

Boyd Brown
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

New rider needs a few pointers at Zig Zag

Postby Boyd Brown » Thu Jun 10, 2004 6:26 am

I'm a 56 year old man with lifetime of offroad exp but never ran in an organized event before ( always hot shoed thru the cow trails and jumped rabbits in the desert solo). I was wondering if i could group with someone who rides Moderate on this July 9-10-11 dual sport ride. I run an old but really good reliable XT500 with some mods to make it better. I'll be camped there at site 39 and hope to mingle around to see how some of you do this. Boyd[/b]

Dive
WFO
WFO

Postby Dive » Thu Jun 10, 2004 8:40 am

Hi Boyd,

I also ride the moderate or B course's at most events and have never had a problem hooking up with someone to ride with.

I'll be in Hemlock Meadows space #10 at the BD. This year there's gonna be a few too many for a comfortable group of 3 to 4 riders max, so we will probably have to break into a couple of groups. I'm sure we could fit you into one f those if you wanted to.

I was going to be doing the sidecar course, but that has fallen to the wayside now, so it's back on the bikes.

Dennis G, also from Salem has just picked up an XT500 and has signed up for the event.

Just in case you don't about it you may find joining the DSR forum useful as well. There are many DS'ers from Salem on there, myself included.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Oregon_DSR

Your welcome to come join us on any of our rides.

Dave
Salem
DR350
KLR650

lovalljm
WFO
WFO

Postby lovalljm » Tue Jun 15, 2004 9:47 pm

hey boyd just look for a big bounder motorhome with a xt350 (1985). I am 66 and ride all the dualsport events in oregon every year. If you ride the B course you will be fine. If there is no more than my riding buddy and Dave Butts you can tag along with us. See you there. Jim Loveall

kelleykinser
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Postby kelleykinser » Sat Jul 03, 2004 7:40 am

Boyd,

I will be nearby in space #40. I will be riding a Kawasaki KLR 650. I ride the B courses. I don't have a group that I will be riding with, so we could hook up if you like. I rode some of the course with Dave B. and others last year.

Kelley

Return to “Black Dog 2-Day Dualsport/Adventure Ride”