6-10-06 Black Dog Preriding

Discuss the Black Dog Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

6-10-06 Black Dog Preriding

Postby Tawmass » Sun Jun 11, 2006 8:58 am

Danno and I drug along a guy I work with, Jaimie Scott, who'd never gone out much yet on his KTM 625, on a recon ride for the upcoming Black Dog. After the plethora of snowpack from this last winter, I wondered how far we'd get in our efforts of exploration. Turns out we didn't find squat for snow, except two small patches. Just a month ago it looked like there was at least eight foot drifts at Blue Box Summit, but now there's nothing!

This was an absolutely stellar day for riding! Danno brought his usual WR426, Jaimie had his big 625 Katoom and I brought the ol' mule, the XL600 Honda. We ended up in the Timothy Lake area and found some really great, new, fun sections along with a couple of sweet places for checkpoints. We've decided to have both our courses on the South side of Mt. Hood this year, since our future events will be staged out of Hood River, which is on the North side.

At the end of the day, none of us had crashed (probably because Randy wasn't there, but he never reads these, so he won't even know we were 'dissing him! :tongue: ) and Jaimie got a small taste of the event and our type of riding. Turns out Jaimie gets along quite well on that big KTM, although he DID run out of gas, but thanks to a kind passerby who had some spare premix, we got him back to the truck. His KTM only holds 2.4 gallons! :sad10: Plus his seat is typical KTM, which is to say, a two-by-four.

As always, good times!
:arrow: CLICK HERE to view the pictures.
Be patient on the videos, may take awhile for them to load:
:arrow: CLICK HERE to watch a 9meg video of Danno (getting soaked) and Jaimie wheelying at a water crossing.
:arrow: CLICK HERE to watch a 15meg video of Danno riding unconventionally through the snow.
:arrow: CLICK HERE to watch a 17meg video of Jaimie riding through the snow and almost augering.

-Tom
ImageImage
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Black Dog 2-Day Dualsport/Adventure Ride”