6/24 Black Dog preriding

Discuss the Black Dog Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

6/24 Black Dog preriding

Postby Tawmass » Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:44 pm

Today was another good day. Danno and I had plans to confirm/recon certain areas, plus we had two guys to join us: Jaimie Scott and Stephano Pellerano. Both of the guys work at the same company as me and are also into motorbikes. Jaimie already went out with Dan and I once (see previous ride reports from a couple weeks ago), but this was Stephano's first time (pronounced STEFano). Stephano is from Italy and has been in the USA for about one year. He also has a sexy, new Husqvarna 510 that only had 500 miles on it. Danno and I explained our day's routes to Stephano and Jaimie and afterwards Stephano said, "That's a gonna be some monkey butt!" :lol:

We started off into some trail sections after about a mile and that's when the windfalls started appearing. Good God, they never seemed to end. We of course did our usual checking out of ideas that sequed into dead ends. Poor Stephano had a tough time over the logs, as he's not too tall, and his Husky is. :)

Thank God we were up in the mountains, as it was in the 90's in the valley. Hey, it was still hot up on the mountain, but at least we had a few streams to visit. Danno and I led them through Allison's Tunnel Of Love, The Wet Spot, and various other tasty treats.

At the end of the day, we all took a spin on Stephano's Husky and Jaimie's big 640 KTM. Awesome bikes and it sure made my old XL600 seem really old! Stephano said his fingers "felt like they went through a meat squisher!". I love it. Then we got to watch inseam-challenged Stephano load his new Husky into the back of his 4x4 - entertainment!

CLICK HERE to check out some of the pictures I took of our sojourn. We think you're REALLY gonna like this year's Dawg! :thumbright:
Ride on,
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Black Dog 2-Day Dualsport/Adventure Ride”