Many thanks from the Black Dog folks!

Discuss the Black Dog Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Many thanks from the Black Dog folks!

Postby Tawmass » Tue Jul 13, 2004 9:30 am

Just a short note of thanks to all that attended this year's Black Dog. I was deeply dissapointed upon finding out the USFS would not let us use trails. Although there was no trail, I think the course was still enjoyable and long enough so you got your money's worth. Other items:

* The sidecar addition was a treat!
* Kelley: hope you heal fast, Amigo! Had a great visit with you, considering the situation.
* I had no clue on the wagon train group. USFS should have not let that happen.
* I found it interesting that the majority of entrants were from Washington, but Cali, Arizona and Nevada was also represented, along with Oregon of course.
* I had a very lengthy discussion with Don from Blue Ribbon Coalition. Here's hoping some good things come of it. He has already sent a letter to the Mt. Hood Supervisor, so should be interesting.
* The large majority of you acted well around the other forest users, and I thank you. As usual there were the one-percenters who helped ruin it for everyone.
* I keep hearing stories of mysterious photographers on Saturday's course. I wonder if enviro-extremists are trying to set us up?

Once again, many thanks. I hope it was worth your time. We spent tons of time/money to set it up and feel it was a success, considering our hands were tied. There are many, many people to thank and you know who you are. Hope to see you at the Rat Dog.
Ride on,
-Tom N.
PS: if anyone got a Garmin GPS file(s) of the route(s), I would love to get it emailed to me, specifically Saturday's route (My GPS ran out of memory space at the last minute). Also, if you have pictures, send them over or post them!
Last edited by Tawmass on Tue Jul 13, 2004 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Hondarosa
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Postby Hondarosa » Tue Jul 13, 2004 12:05 pm

Many thanks to YOU and YOUR crew Tom. It was pretty depressing hearing the news of the restrictions, but you guys stuck it out and made the best of it. Thank you for another unforgettable ride.

Hondarosa
A family who rides together, stays together.

DaveO
pulling in the clutch
pulling in the clutch

Postby DaveO » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:31 pm

Thanks for a Great Job, and Event, Tom and crew! Also BIG Thanks to all of you 2 wheelers for making us sidecar types feel welcome...it was really enjoyable...... my wife had a great time too,Thanks!
Dave Olsin

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Tue Jul 13, 2004 7:40 pm

No, no, no, I insist, it was OUR treat. You 'hackers' rock! :D
-Tawm
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Postby RedMenace » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:38 am

Thanx Tom, that was great! Must have been the biggest field ever starting the BlackDog.
how many entries total were there?
Vernon Wade(The Red Menace)
Sidecar and Trike instruction
adventuresidecar.com

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Thu Jul 15, 2004 6:55 am

We got up to #199 on Saturday - huge!
-Tom

Return to “Black Dog 2-Day Dualsport/Adventure Ride”