Discuss the Black Dog Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Injuries at '07 Black Dog

Postby Tawmass » Sat Jul 21, 2007 4:13 pm

FYI, here's what I know on the status of the big injuries from the event:

* Luca Rattazzi is bolted back together and recovering nicely back home after breaking his leg. Thank God. You can read his personal status by CLICKING HERE.
* Mark Roach is still in ICU and has had up and down days. I visited with him for about an hour today and it seemed like a good day. He had a concussion, five broken ribs, broken clavicle and appears to be moving in a positive status and is really looking forward to getting out of the hospital. Thank God. He did want me to pass on the picture below and to specifically notice the soda pop container in his hand. :wink:
* Greg White is still in ICU and is not doing so well. I talked to his wife Nan today for about 20 minutes at the same hospital (Legacy Emanuel in Portland) as Mark. He has a fractured scapula, broken ribs/punctured lung, concussion and newly-acquired pneumonia. Please keep them in your prayers for a speedy recovery! They really need it!
thanks,
-Tom

Last edited by Tawmass on Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Trailmaniac
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Postby Trailmaniac » Sat Jul 21, 2007 8:46 pm

Yikes, I camped right next to Greg and did a little riding with him. I just met him but we talked a lot about his nice Husaberg. We went our separate ways when he decided to take an "A" section on Saturday morning. I can't belive he is still in ICU after a week. He is a real nice guy so we should all be praying for his full recovery.

Doug

Gary A
in fifth gear
in fifth gear

Postby Gary A » Sat Jul 21, 2007 10:47 pm

Thanks for the update, Tom. They're all in my prayers for a full and speedy recovery.
Gary A
Salem, OR.

Guaglione
in first gear
in first gear

looks like I got off easy

Postby Guaglione » Sun Jul 22, 2007 1:51 pm

wow.

Greg and Mark, get well soon. We need to ride together next year as "Tom N's riding wounded club"!!

Cheers,

Luca
2002 Honda XR650R
2005 BMW R1150GS Adventure
2007 BMW G650 X Challenge

Dive
WFO
WFO

Postby Dive » Mon Jul 23, 2007 5:31 pm

They are all in Kim and my prays too - Very sorry to hear this news.

Dave & Kim.

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Wed Jul 25, 2007 2:49 pm

All,
I have great news to pass on! My friend Phil is staying at my house for awhile and he just received a phone call from Greg White (one of the injured riders) and Greg said he is doing 500% better as of last night! Looks like all the prayers and positive energy helped! :thumbright: Let's hope both Greg and Mark continue that positive trend!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Gary A
in fifth gear
in fifth gear

Postby Gary A » Wed Jul 25, 2007 4:34 pm

:hello1: Best news I've heard all week!!!
Gary A

Salem, OR.

Guaglione
in first gear
in first gear

Postby Guaglione » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:14 pm

Hear, hear!!! That is great news!!
2002 Honda XR650R

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Thu Jul 26, 2007 10:47 pm

My friend Phil and I went to the hospital tonight to visit Greg White. When I rounded the corner into his room, I recognized the classic smile that Greg's always had and I knew immediately that things were looking good for him. His wife, Nan, was there at his side and we all had a great visit. We were discussing the other injuries at this year's event and, at one point Nan and I both realized at the same time that the Dawg was after Friday the 13th! :shock: Maybe that's the culprit, as there was nothing abnormal about the courses! :-k

As we left, Greg wanted to pass along the following to everyone, "Hey, I'm alive! I want you all to know that you have no idea how much all the prayers and good thoughts helped." Glad your angels were hanging with you, Greg.
-Tom
PS: We have a great photo of Mark and now one of Greg, so Luca, you gonna post a pic of your cast and a drink in your hand? :wink:

Guaglione
in first gear
in first gear

Postby Guaglione » Fri Jul 27, 2007 11:00 am

We have a great photo of Mark and now one of Greg, so Luca, you gonna post a pic of your cast and a drink in your hand? :wink:[/quote]

Tom,

I am actually still in a splint. I go back to Portland Monday to have the splint removed, stitches taken out, and hard cast put on after that. I will post pics ASAP!

I will admit, I am at the point where the novelty of sitting at home has long worn off. I am itching to get back on the bike, but that is at least two months away for me..... :(

ah, well, thanks to the internet, I have already picked out the bike I am going to replace my XR650R with: KTM 525 EXC!!
2002 Honda XR650R

Return to “Black Dog 2-Day Dualsport/Adventure Ride”