Sidecars at the Black Dog

Discuss the Black Dog Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Sidecars at the Black Dog

Postby RedMenace » Wed May 28, 2008 2:41 pm

Just spoke to Jay-sounds like Dauntless Motors will be there. Adventure Sidecar will have 2 KLRs entered. Jim and Katherine are each bringing a hack along with dragging an assort ment of friends with sidecars down from Seattle with them. Cob and Don are sposed to be there with their Urals. I think the IMWA crew will be down again as well!
Should be fun!
Vernon Wade(The Red Menace)
Sidecar and Trike instruction
adventuresidecar.com

bozola
in first gear
in first gear

Re: Sidecars at the Black Dog

Postby bozola » Wed May 28, 2008 3:49 pm

RedMenace wrote:Just spoke to Jay-sounds like Dauntless Motors will be there. Adventure Sidecar will have 2 KLRs entered. Jim and Katherine are each bringing a hack along with dragging an assort ment of friends with sidecars down from Seattle with them. Cob and Don are sposed to be there with their Urals. I think the IMWA crew will be down again as well!
Should be fun!

We're currently expecting to be bringing four hacks and one "corner worker" volunteer on an XT down from Seattle, leaving Friday morning. Two of the hack monkeys are dogs. Jim is still in the final throws of determining if he'll be riding his big GS or swapping out with Katherine on the F650 on the course. The other two hacks are a DL650 and my Ural.

We're hoping to come down via FS25, past St. Helens, provided the road opens up in time (fingers crossed).

Yep, it should be a blast.
The views expressed are the febrile product of an overactive imagination of a person who in shadows sees the gyrating Elvis-like ghost of Leonid Brezhnev.

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Postby RedMenace » Wed May 28, 2008 5:43 pm

I ordered the Sidecar Team Trophy today. This will be for total combined points, pilot and monkey, Saturday and Sunday.

Hopefully the trophy shop will get it done in time! They said they should have it for me early next week.

adventuresidecar.com

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Wed May 28, 2008 6:22 pm

SWEET! :thumbright:
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

bozola
in first gear
in first gear

Postby bozola » Thu May 29, 2008 6:13 am

Yah! Yah! Yah! Inflatable banana!

...and they say we're all mad...
The views expressed are the febrile product of an overactive imagination of a person who in shadows sees the gyrating Elvis-like ghost of Leonid Brezhnev.

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Postby RedMenace » Thu May 29, 2008 1:29 pm

bozola wrote:We're hoping to come down via FS25, past St. Helens, provided the road opens up in time (fingers crossed).

I doubt FS25 will be open until late July, but I could be wrong.

http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/recreation/current-conditions/roads.shtml

adventuresidecar.com

bozola
in first gear
in first gear

Postby bozola » Thu May 29, 2008 2:55 pm

RedMenace wrote:
bozola wrote:We're hoping to come down via FS25, past St. Helens, provided the road opens up in time (fingers crossed).

I doubt FS25 will be open until late July, but I could be wrong.

http://www.fs.fed.us/gpnf/recreation/current-conditions/roads.shtml

You're probably right as there's a lot of snow in the Cascades this year. I can hope....

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Postby RedMenace » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:24 pm

The Blackdog Dualsport Rally is this weekend, staging out of the Hood River County Fairgrounds. There will be about a dozen sidecars competing in a field of over 200 bikes

I just picked the trophy up from the shop. Adventure Sidecar is pleased to provide the Three Legged Dog Sidecar Team Trophy. This will be awarded to the sidecar team with the most combined points at the Black Dog-Pilot+Monkey Saturday and Sunday.

adventuresidecar.com

bozola
in first gear
in first gear

Postby bozola » Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:29 am

I'm going the for "best dressed monkey" award.

Return to “Black Dog 2-Day Dualsport/Adventure Ride”