Question about Mufflers

Discuss the Black Dog Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

Toby S
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Question about Mufflers

Postby Toby S » Sat May 28, 2011 9:06 pm

I don't see mention of a spark arrester requirement. Is there one? Judging by the weather reports, it's not exactly a tinder box up there. The reason I ask is because my son has a White Brothers E2, and his quieter tip has the spark arrester screen broken off. He's only been tested to meet 96 with his standard tip, and I don't know what the actual dB reading was.

We're from San Jose, Ca, and I did the ride back in 2003. He hasn't done it. We're pumped!

How fast can we typically drive on the major highways up there without getting a ticket? Loaded question, but I won't hold anyone responsible for what they say. I think we drive kind of fast down here, and I don't want to blow it up there. I do want to optimize the length of my 12 hour drive though.

Thanks,
Toby

bin rydin
WFO
WFO

sparky

Postby bin rydin » Sun May 29, 2011 2:01 pm

You will be riding on USFS land so spark arrestor always required. Never have been checked but once in Stoneyford for a sparky though. Sound checks a lot more often. You will be really lucky to get anything burning up that way, snow level down around 3500 feet this week. Go with the traffic flow usually works.

Return to “Black Dog 2-Day Dualsport/Adventure Ride”