Black Dog Stories?

Discuss the Black Dog Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

Danno
VIP
VIP

Black Dog Stories?

Postby Danno » Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:53 am

Tawm pulled out all the stops for this year's 20th Black Dog!

Over 300 participants and fabulous weather... along with no major injuries or disastrous break downs!

Stay tuned for pictures and stories to come...
"I usually tighten my nuts better"

Danno
VIP
VIP

Weather: Thunder and Lightening!

Postby Danno » Mon Jun 06, 2011 12:21 pm

So... I was on the fence on whether I was going to spend Sunday night at the fairgrounds. I was too tired (and distracted) to break camp but I missed my wife who was at home and couldn't make it for the event. About 5pm I decided to break camp and head for home. Besides, it was starting to sprinkle a tad...

An hour or so later, I'm about ready to dump my tanks and hit the highway... I head over to the group to say my good-byes and Don Weeks and his wife are telling us the thunderstorm in Hood River is so bad, the the windshield wipers won't keep up and there are one foot deep rivers running down the street. Fifteen minutes later that storm hit the fairgrounds! I just thank God that most of the tent campers were gone and our ride was over... There were mini rivers and ponds all over the grounds. If that storm hit Friday or Saturday night, we would have had a lot of Soggy Doggies and trail conditions would have been horrendous!

I let the big stuff blow by and then headed to the dump station and then towards town... The traffic was light and I made it home around 11pm... It was good to be back, and I had a great time at the 20th Black Dog!
"I usually tighten my nuts better"

Return to “Black Dog 2-Day Dualsport/Adventure Ride”