Questions about BD 2012

Discuss the Black Dog Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

BackCountryCruizer
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Questions about BD 2012

Postby BackCountryCruizer » Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:18 pm

I think I've talked an old riding buddy from Walla Walla into coming for both days. For him to come down his wife and daughter will have to come along. He's wants to make sure of a few things. Here's a portion of his email with his questions:
Where can I find information on the camp ground? I have my wife and daughter talked into it, they want to do some fruit loop thing where you go to berry farms, wine tasting and stuff and then go into Hood River one day as well. I just want to make sure they will be ok in the camp ground and see if there is anything to do there. Can you have camp fires? Would it be ok for my 8 year old daughter? Can you drink in the camp area? We have a great camping setup with a giant tent, beds and it would be nice to get an rv spot to setup our tent in so we could have electricity for crock pot food, power for computers and stuff. I would do the full 2 days on my 625. I see they have easier stuff for large bikes but I would be more interested in the riding like in your videos or even more technical. I also don't have a roll chart holder and don't really want one if I can just hook up with somebody that knows the way. I can attach my little 1 gallon fuel tank on my rack and have over a 100 mile range riding like you were riding in the video.
I'll cover the roll chart for him but can you answer the rest of queries?
Thanks

Tom #32 for the 2012 Black Dog
Four wheels move the body
Two wheels move the soul

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Questions about BD 2012

Postby Tawmass » Mon Mar 05, 2012 12:37 pm

I have links on the Black Dog page with things to do, the Fairgrounds info, etc.
*no on-ground campfires. :( (don't want to burn their lawn!) Above ground is fine.
*8-year-old kid is fine.
* Yes, you can drink, otherwise we'd be somewhere else. :D
* there are electric power poles there, so you'd want to camp near one. Bring an extension cord.
* don't know what 625cc bike is referred to, but the A trails are probably not advised on it, unless he is Ty Davis.
* a rollchart holder is highly suggested! Besides they're cheap.
* carry a one-gallon fueltank? What bike is this again?

-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

BackCountryCruizer
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Postby BackCountryCruizer » Mon Mar 05, 2012 4:13 pm

Tawmass wrote:I have links on the Black Dog page with things to do, the Fairgrounds info, etc.
I'll forward the link.
*no on-ground campfires. :( (don't want to burn their lawn!) Above ground is fine.
So portable fire pits above ground are okay.
*8-year-old kid is fine.
I told him I thought she'd be fine!
I think this question had more to do with the 8 yr old than his drinking but ...........
* there are electric power poles there, so you'd want to camp near one. Bring an extension cord.
So he should get there as early as possible. Is there any way to reserve a spot near power?
* don't know what 625cc bike is referred to, but the A trails are probably not advised on it, unless he is Ty Davis.
It's a KTM of course! 625 SXC. One of his previous dirt bikes he rode for years was a Honda 650R and he is / was very capable.
I told him the same thing but ........ I also said he could just follow me on my 690 R.
See the above.
Thanks Tom I'll pass all the info on. I've been trying to get him and several other riding buddies from the past to come down this way for some time. We used to ride all over the Blue Mts and he still does. He also has a 950 Adventure and truly is a very capable rider.

-Tom
Two wheels move the soul

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Mon Mar 05, 2012 6:00 pm

BackCountryCruizer wrote:
Tawmass wrote:I have links on the Black Dog page with things to do, the Fairgrounds info, etc.
I'll forward the link.
So portable fire pits above ground are okay.
*8-year-old kid is fine.
I told him I thought she'd be fine!
I think this question had more to do with the 8 yr old than his drinking but ...........
(TOM) This is an adult event and that involves fun. No drunkards allowed though. :)
So he should get there as early as possible. Is there any way to reserve a spot near power?
(TOM) Nope, first come, first served.
It's a KTM of course! 625 SXC. One of his previous dirt bikes he rode for years was a Honda 650R and he is / was very capable.
(TOM) if it's a supermoto bike, I want to ride with him and take funny video. If it's a bonafide dirty bike with bumpy tires, no prob.
I told him the same thing but ........ I also said he could just follow me on my 690 R.
See the above.
Thanks Tom I'll pass all the info on. I've been trying to get him and several other riding buddies from the past to come down this way for some time. We used to ride all over the Blue Mts and he still does. He also has a 950 Adventure and truly is a very capable rider.

-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

BackCountryCruizer
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Postby BackCountryCruizer » Tue Mar 06, 2012 5:21 pm

(TOM) Nope, first come, first served.
I'll tell him to leave work early so he can get the spot he wants!

(TOM) if it's a supermoto bike, I want to ride with him and take funny video. If it's a bonafide dirty bike with bumpy tires, no prob.
It's not a supermoto it has bumpy tires and he uses it as a trail / dual sport bike. I'll have my Go Pro so if there is any funny video to had I'll pass it on again this year.
Thanks for all the info. I'm looking forward to another great weekend at Black Dog this year.
Two wheels move the soul

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Tue Mar 06, 2012 6:43 pm

Sounds good!

Return to “Black Dog 2-Day Dualsport/Adventure Ride”