Brian Mortinson

Discuss the Black Dog Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Brian Mortinson

Postby RedMenace » Sat Oct 23, 2004 4:09 pm

I am trying to reach Brian Mortinson. He had a blue and cream Ural sidecar rig at the BlackDog, I think he was #164. Rumor was he retired Saturday with a hole in either his oilpan or transmission, leaking oil. Anyone know how to contact him?

Vernon Wade(The Red Menace)
Sidecar and Trike instruction
adventuresidecar.com

brian.mortensen
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Postby brian.mortensen » Mon Oct 25, 2004 2:04 pm

Red Menace. This is Brian Mortensen responding. You're right. I did'nt finish Saturday. My comrade and I strayed onto the "difficult" route and I really punished my Ural. It did all it could do, then...POOF! A cloud of smoke and it was done. I thought Something was really wrong with it, but after letting it sit in the shade while I had lunch, it started up and we went back to camp. I quickly reported to Albert of Ural and we combed it over and determined that it had simply overheated. I have a new respect for my Ural, because I really did punish it. My thanks to the riders that helped me up acouple of extra steep hills. My comrade and I were set up for the Ratdog too, but I was so sick the Friday before. I just could'nt do it. Take care.

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Mon Oct 25, 2004 5:14 pm

Brian,
Glad to hear it was just an overheating issue! When I originally heard it was a cracked case or something, it did not sound good.
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Brian, contact me?

Postby RedMenace » Tue Oct 26, 2004 6:18 am

Brian, thanks for replying
I am working on an article and could use more details. You can reach me by email: vernonatgorge.net
How far did you get? Did you actually sieze a piston or valve, then? Do you know where you were when it stopped? How is the bike running now?
What was your passengers name? What year and model is your Ural?
Had you done dualsport events before? Would you do it again? Inquiring minds want to know :-)

Oh and don't feel too bad about missing the Rat Dog. Really.
:lol: (sorry Tom ;-)
Vernon Wade(The Red Menace)

Sidecar and Trike instruction

adventuresidecar.com

brian.mortensen
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Postby brian.mortensen » Wed Oct 27, 2004 3:02 pm

Red Menace. I tried to e-mail you some answers. I hope you got it. I would be interested to read whatever you come up with. I'm certainly looking forward to the next event. Hopefully the scardey cat ride comes together. That's even close to home. I'm considering trading in my Ural deco classic for another model. The deco is designed more for the road. I think I need a to find a Ural tourist with the off road suspension and fender clearance.

Return to “Black Dog 2-Day Dualsport/Adventure Ride”