2013 Black Dog Ride

Discuss the Black Dog Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

Tippy
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

2013 Black Dog Ride

Postby Tippy » Thu Feb 07, 2013 11:50 am

Looking forward to the ride this year. It might seem early for registration, but there are over 20 people already signed up. Can't wait to hear more about the routes and maybe even some more details about the Friday night Ride. Does anyone have any info on What kind of food and or other vendors that might be there this year?

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2013 Black Dog Ride

Postby Tawmass » Thu Feb 07, 2013 5:59 pm

Thanks for the interest and excitement - I'm getting excited too! Nothing nailed on food/vendors yet, but I always try to make things bigger/better, so stay tuned.
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

mr. cob
in second gear
in second gear

Postby mr. cob » Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:59 pm

Howdy Tom,

I have my chainsaw tuned and ready, now have a winch mounted on the Ural, I am READY for this years trail clearing and pre-running, is it June yet. :D

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:53 am

8)
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

afwade
pulling in the clutch
pulling in the clutch

Postby afwade » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:15 pm

Well heck, I go to register, all the time thinking mid-February's plenty early, and there are already 51 people signed up and I've missed the free t-shirt! #-o Only consolation is that my nemesis, Mr. Cobb, was #51! :lol: Looking forward to another great rally - and seeing what I can break this year!

afwade
pulling in the clutch
pulling in the clutch

Postby afwade » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:20 pm

By the way, can we have lunch at Jonah again! Great food and they connected me with a local farmer who was able to weld up my frame so I could limp home! =D> [img]
Attachments
2bd-37.JPG
2bd-37.JPG (97.65 KiB) Viewed 20672 times

mr. cob
in second gear
in second gear

Postby mr. cob » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:00 am

afwade wrote:Well heck, I go to register, all the time thinking mid-February's plenty early, and there are already 51 people signed up and I've missed the free t-shirt! #-o Only consolation is that my nemesis, Mr. Cobb, was #51! :lol: Looking forward to another great rally - and seeing what I can break this year!

Howdy Andy,

How are you my KLR driving-busting fellow miscreant, I am looking forward to again engaging in three wheeled combat with one of my southern foes. :thumbup:

However I would be remiss in my duties of fulfilling my nick name if I did not correct you on its spelling, its "Cob" not Cobb. I am a "Crabby old bastard", NOT a Crabby old bald bastard. :violent1:

So are you going to help with the pre-ride and trail clearing this year, I have as much fun doing these jobs as running in the actual event. :?:

mr. cob
in second gear
in second gear

Postby mr. cob » Mon Feb 25, 2013 11:17 am

Howdy All,

The task of trail clearing, bike over the side of the cliff recovery and obstacle conquering will be made much easier this year, I have added a winch to the Predator.
The winch will be normally carried in this position on the rear of the rig were it is fully functional but it can be quickly and easily put into position in the front of the rig where it is also functional. It remains to be seen what type of hooligan activity this new tool will inspire me to attempt. :banghead:

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Tue Feb 26, 2013 5:49 am

That's cool Dave! Can't wait to see you try it out. Could work for skidding logs too. :) How come you only have your tub tire studded?
-Tom

mr. cob
in second gear
in second gear

Postby mr. cob » Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:47 am

Tawmass wrote:That's cool Dave! Can't wait to see you try it out. Could work for skidding logs too. :) How come you only have your tub tire studded?
-Tom

Howdy Tom,

The tires aren't studded, that whats left of the sheet metal screws that were screwed into them. I now have a full set of studded tires but we haven't had enough snow to make it worth while to mount them up.

Deano
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Postby Deano » Sun Mar 03, 2013 11:51 am

Hey Tawm I am also looking forward to the Dog this year. I will be there sometime Monday afternoon to help with setup the rest of the week.

Hey MR COB!! Can I be Mr. Cob II ? I am certainly a "Crabby Old Bastartd" too. Even more crabby every time I have to go to the BMW parts counter. I am having some grief with the sidecar R1100GS tug. I will PM you with the sad story!

DeanO :(
Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away!

mr. cob
in second gear
in second gear

Postby mr. cob » Sun Mar 03, 2013 1:03 pm

Deano wrote:Hey Tawm I am also looking forward to the Dog this year. I will be there sometime Monday afternoon to help with setup the rest of the week.

Hey MR COB!! Can I be Mr. Cob II ? I am certainly a "Crabby Old Bastartd" too. Even more crabby every time I have to go to the BMW parts counter. I am having some grief with the sidecar R1100GS tug. I will PM you with the sad story!

DeanO :(

Howdy DeanO,

Well, I use my Beemer hack for well maintained road service only the Ural is much better at Black Dog type activity. As to your being Mr. Cob II, as the Highlander said, "There can be only one". [-X

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:08 pm

Hey Dean,
Bummer about the woes! You PM'd me, not Dave, FYI, so let me know if you want to resend to him or me forward to him.
-Tom

mr. cob
in second gear
in second gear

Postby mr. cob » Sun Mar 03, 2013 8:29 pm

Tawmass wrote:Hey Dean,
Bummer about the woes! You PM'd me, not Dave, FYI, so let me know if you want to resend to him or me forward to him.
-Tom

Howdy Tom,

I got Dean's email, all is well.

Dave

bin rydin
WFO
WFO

Postby bin rydin » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:23 am

I see in the back pages of the AMA event calender that the Black Dog is listed as June 8~13. My first responce is Yippee. Second responce is they transposed June 8,9 2013 as June 8,13. But there is always the conspiracy angle in which Tom's evile twin Tawm (you know who I an talking about) is running a concurrent devious 6 day event, and I am always up for that kind of thing. [-o< Please let it be so...

Return to “Black Dog 2-Day Dualsport/Adventure Ride”