2007-5-28 Rat Dog Recon Ride

Discuss the Rat Dog Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

2007-5-28 Rat Dog Recon Ride

Postby Tawmass » Mon May 28, 2007 5:56 pm

Today Ellen and I took off into a new area, of which I'd never been before. For the first time, I plotted a possible route on my Mapsource GPS program, we drove up and I merely followed the track route. Man, this was too easy - other than the locked gates that were peppered throughout. I'll say it again, my Garmin 60CX rocks. Ellen wanted to go for an easy, liesurely puttsy, since she hadn't been out in almost a year, so that's what I cooked up. Plus this was the maiden voyage on her mighty CRF230 with the updated stator windings from the good folks at Baja Designs. Man, that little XR now pumps out the juice and the lights were bright all day and nary a problem with the starter battery being drained - sweet! We started out of Washougal area and made it to Yacolt, WA and back. I can't believe how many possibilities and scenic/historic teasings are up there - primo dualsporting! When it was done, we logged in about 60 fun miles, saw a bonafide steam-powered locomotive, saw numerous stunning waterfalls, raised eyebrows numerous times at wildcat trails and marveled at the vistas. Ellie Mae said it was her funnest motorbike ride to date. :D

The complete set of pix are here.
-Tom

ImageImage
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Rat Dog 2-Day Dualsport-Adventure Ride”