2007-9-15 Rat Dog Recon Ride

Discuss the Rat Dog Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

2007-9-15 Rat Dog Recon Ride

Postby Tawmass » Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:24 am

Went out exploring with RandEye (back from the dead), his friend Mark and Dr. Phil. We discovered numerous waterfalls, plus a number of very cool trails, until Dr. Phil tweaked his right knee. Hopefully it's just sprained! We got back late due to a bridge being rebuilt and no good ways around it, as we had to push-and-shove to get through some of the road decommisions - hate that! Still had a great ride though, and it was good to have Randy back! The full set of my pix can be seen here:
http://tawmn.smugmug.com/gallery/3483640
-Tom
RandEye fires up the mighty XR after being dormant for a couple years. Was good to have him back! Here's Randy's bud, Mark with a Zook just like mine.
ImageImage

Waterfalls everywhere!
ImageImage

Posing for their next album, plus wearing matching-colored clothing, the Three Amigos smile for the cam.

A quad trail raises the smiles on Randy, Mark and I, but not Dr. Phil's knee. And when was the last time you saw one of those open-faced, face masks? :) Dr. Phil's asking how to get the Hell off of the trail!
ImageImage

We stopped off in Carson for some petrol and a break and met up with a group of road riders. What's so special about this guy and his VFR? Notice the wheel versus the subframe. This cat showed us his filming of him highsiding just a few miles up the road, where it bent his subframe - ouch! Dr. Phil shows the pain, torture and agony of a swelled knee.
ImageImage

Along one ridge it got bloody cold and foggy - so bad that Mark lost his bike! :wink:

Having to bulldog our way through what appeared as decommisioned roads was brutal!
ImageImage

You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Rat Dog 2-Day Dualsport-Adventure Ride”