2013 Black Dog Ride

Discuss the Black Dog Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 2013 Black Dog Ride

Postby Tawmass » Fri Apr 05, 2013 9:44 am

BR, nice catch and I caught that too! Told them about it, but the cat's already out of the bag, sigh. Hate to say it, but it's still just a two-day event. :)
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

bin rydin
WFO
WFO

Postby bin rydin » Mon May 13, 2013 1:55 pm

[-o< I keep coming here looking for some exciting update, perhaps some video of scouting trail, phenominal get off shot, word of snow or dust, anything, footage of bigfoot, or even of Scott setting up some 20 foot
tetter-totter with Michelin monster Cat tires. A guy can always dream.
Anywat, I am sure thinking about the rides and camping out with everyone, so what is new Tawm?

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Tue May 14, 2013 7:49 am

Yo Lee, just now finally recovering from food poisoning after riding in Baja. Weird thing is I got food poisoning once I returned to the states! Am in the middle of routes and permits with the landowners at present, then time to start putting on my boots!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

bin rydin
WFO
WFO

Postby bin rydin » Tue May 14, 2013 12:02 pm

That sucks (the food poisoning, not the riding in Baja). A friend of mine and his wife got Hep A down there and it took a good month for them to get back to normal, it did not hit them until they returned. Hope that is not what you got. You know you are only supposed to eat beer and tequila down there, didn't anybody tell you that? #-o

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Tue May 14, 2013 3:42 pm

bin rydin wrote:You know you are only supposed to eat beer and tequila down there, didn't anybody tell you that? #-o

We did our best to drink Baja dry!

bin rydin
WFO
WFO

Postby bin rydin » Tue May 14, 2013 4:37 pm

I heard about a drought down there,
but did not know you were responcible for it.
So if you only got sick after you left there,
obviouisly the Tequila was working just fine
until you ruined a good thing by stopping riding :riding
and drinking :dancing1:
and then going back to work :hiding: ,
I mean how else could you explain it? :dontknow:

Apple Jam

Postby Apple Jam » Fri May 24, 2013 12:31 pm

Whoa!! It's close to that time again!!
Ready with fresh 908s (that might be bald again in two more weeks)

Will there be mud?.....or traction?
Recent snowfall in these hills suggests fun, that's for sure....
Will Dave wear out his new winch on Saturday alone ?

mr. cob
in second gear
in second gear

Postby mr. cob » Fri May 24, 2013 12:41 pm

Apple Jam wrote:Whoa!! It's close to that time again!!

Howdy Jeff,

We'll do our best to cut a path for those who ride two wheels................ :evil3:

Love2Roam
in second gear
in second gear

Postby Love2Roam » Mon May 27, 2013 3:59 pm

mr. cob wrote:

Howdy Jeff,

We'll do our best to cut a path for those who ride two wheels................ :evil3:

HI THERE MR. COB!

Barbara here :-) Sadly for me, I won't be with you this year at Black Dog, but I do have plans to make sure I get my traditional doggie collar lights to you! Will have to conspire with Tom to have them delivered. Can't leave the precious ones without nighttime illumnation in their romps!

Vicarious Rider
Rides Vicariously

mr. cob
in second gear
in second gear

Postby mr. cob » Mon May 27, 2013 5:14 pm

Love2Roam wrote:
mr. cob wrote:

Howdy Jeff,

HI THERE MR. COB!

Barbara here :-) Sadly for me, I won't be with you this year at Black Dog, but I do have plans to make sure I get my traditional doggie collar lights to you! Will have to conspire with Tom to have them delivered. Can't leave the precious ones without nighttime illumnation in their romps!

Vicarious Rider

Howdy Barbara,

I look forward to seeing each year and you will be missed. And the "boy's" sure can use some collars I have used all the ones I got from you last year. Please give me a cost on a bunch of the collars and I'll get payment to you. THANKS.

Dave

Love2Roam
in second gear
in second gear

Postby Love2Roam » Tue May 28, 2013 10:14 am

HI THERE

Mr. COB!

Barbara here Sadly for me, I won't be with you this year at Black Dog, but I do have plans to make sure I get my traditional doggie collar lights to you! Will have to conspire with Tom to have them delivered. Can't leave the precious ones without nighttime illumnation in their romps!

Vicarious Rider

I look forward to seeing each year and you will be missed. And the "boy's" sure can use some collars I have used all the ones I got from you last year. Please give me a cost on a bunch of the collars and I'll get payment to you. THANKS.

Dave

OH MY NO! It's a privilege to supply illumination bling to the little ones! They can just call me Auntie B. :-)

Thank you for the kind words. I shall surely miss you, the BlackDog gang and experience! I'll look for photos and continue to Ride Vicariously!
Rides Vicariously

mr. cob
in second gear
in second gear

Postby mr. cob » Tue May 28, 2013 10:44 am

Love2Roam wrote:HI THERE

Mr. COB!

Barbara here Sadly for me, I won't be with you this year at Black Dog, but I do have plans to make sure I get my traditional doggie collar lights to you! Will have to conspire with Tom to have them delivered. Can't leave the precious ones without nighttime illumnation in their romps!

Vicarious Rider

Dave

OH MY NO! It's a privilege to supply illumination bling to the little ones! They can just call me Auntie B. :-)

Thank you for the kind words. I shall surely miss you, the BlackDog gang and experience! I'll look for photos and continue to Ride Vicariously!

Howdy Auntie B,

Well if the boys could talk, they would say THANK YOU ;-) it sure makes the little buggers easier to keep track of when it gets dark. I hate to do it but I think this year little Spot will have to spend a lot of time on a leash, he's 13 years old now and he doesn't see or hear as well as he used to, I noticed last year at the BD when he was more then 50 feet away when I called him he would often stop and look around and then start to follow anyone who was walking away from him. The bad thing about dogs is they spend so little time with us before they move on. :-(

bin rydin
WFO
WFO

Postby bin rydin » Wed May 29, 2013 10:27 am

For all you sidecar "hacks" out there, check out
"The Worlds Smallest Theater" based on a sidecar
http://www.lemmingstheatre.co.uk/the-smalltheatre.html

bin rydin
WFO
WFO

Postby bin rydin » Wed May 29, 2013 10:37 am

A little birdie told me that Scott was setting up this checkpoint somewhere near pine point, but I never did trust that little birdie after some of the things it said. I think Scott is actually setting this up near Gumjuact, I guess we will find out.
http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2013/05/27/ext ... ep-racing/

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Wed May 29, 2013 10:50 am

bin rydin wrote:A little birdie told me that Scott was setting up this checkpoint somewhere near pine point, but I never did trust that little birdie after some of the things it said. I think Scott is actually setting this up near Gumjuact, I guess we will find out.
http://www.thepoke.co.uk/2013/05/27/ext ... ep-racing/

Holy cow, that's awesome!

Return to “Black Dog 2-Day Dualsport/Adventure Ride”