Discuss the Black Dog Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

bin rydin
WFO
WFO

Re: 2013 Black Dog Ride

Postby bin rydin » Mon Jun 03, 2013 4:43 pm

Saw this in the FAQ section
"Q: Why does Danno always have his eyes closed when he gets his picture taken?
A: Along with timeless questions such as: what is reality? Why does toast land on the floor butter-side down? Is there another word for synonym? Where do forest rangers go to "get away from it all"? ...and ... When it rains, why don't sheep shrink? ...we cannot answer this question. Danno is a mystery within himself.
While going through my olde Black Dawg Tee Shirt collection I found a picture of Dan with his eyes open on the back of a shirt. It was back in the Zig ZAg Daze, a sweet picture of Dan with his favorite chain saw, holding it over his head, running, at the evening campfire, his eyes (wildly) open. It probably had something to do with Honda 50 bucket loads of margaritas?
I think that was the year you instituted the sweeping "dull butterknife" policy.
I know I sleep better now...

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:20 am

Per our Facebook page, it's awesome weather out in Hood River and the forecast looks to be excellent too!

Friday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 54.
Saturday Sunny, with a high near 80.
Saturday Night Mostly clear, with a low around 54.
Sunday Sunny, with a high near 80.

ImageImage
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

tdewitt
in second gear
in second gear

Postby tdewitt » Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:01 pm

Yep and I'm going to be there. Counting the hours. Not sure if it will be one or both days. But Saturday for sure.
01 DRZ 400e plated
05 DL 1000 V-STROM

bin rydin
WFO
WFO

Postby bin rydin » Tue Jun 04, 2013 1:48 pm

I really like these 10 day forecast maps, they are often the best long term forecasts, http://www.nwrfc.noaa.gov/weather/10_day.cgi, You can't get much better weather than this Tom, No soogy Dawg,no Frozen Dawg, perhaps a dusty dog, but not a snow dog, maybe a perfect dog...

Love2Roam
in second gear
in second gear

Postby Love2Roam » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:12 pm

mr. cob wrote:
Love2Roam wrote:HI THERE

Mr. COB!

Barbara here Sadly for me, I won't be with you this year at Black Dog, but I do have plans to make sure I get my traditional doggie collar lights to you! Will have to conspire with Tom to have them delivered. Can't leave the precious ones without nighttime illumnation in their romps!

Vicarious Rider

I look forward to seeing each year and you will be missed. And the "boy's" sure can use some collars I have used all the ones I got from you last year. Please give me a cost on a bunch of the collars and I'll get payment to you. THANKS.

Dave

OH MY NO! It's a privilege to supply illumination bling to the little ones! They can just call me Auntie B. :-)

Thank you for the kind words. I shall surely miss you, the BlackDog gang and experience! I'll look for photos and continue to Ride Vicariously!

Howdy Auntie B,

Well if the boys could talk, they would say THANK YOU ;-) it sure makes the little buggers easier to keep track of when it gets dark. I hate to do it but I think this year little Spot will have to spend a lot of time on a leash, he's 13 years old now and he doesn't see or hear as well as he used to, I noticed last year at the BD when he was more then 50 feet away when I called him he would often stop and look around and then start to follow anyone who was walking away from him. The bad thing about dogs is they spend so little time with us before they move on. :-(

HOORAY! GOOD NEWS FOR THE POOCHES FROM AUNTIE B!
I've located a Courier for the Collars! In looking through the registration list, I noticed someone I know who is in my area. Driving them over to him tonight and he'll be on his way with "the package" tomorrow! Name is Ryan Harder- His first BD, a terrific young man and awesome guitar player but an humble so you'd probably never know. He'll find ya! ------Love to you and the pooches from Auntie B.
Rides Vicariously

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Fri Jun 07, 2013 6:51 am

Be sure and show up tonight for the night rides! We have an easy B ride through the mountains that will be beautiful and fun! And Walt set up a really fun, separate A-level night ride complete with reflectors at the intersections - how easy, fun and cool is that?!!!

See everyone here!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Tue Jun 11, 2013 7:23 am

Whew - we're done! What a wonderful, fun event for us, and it sounds like for everyone else too! Ma Nature worked with us this year to present perfect weather and we hopefully satisfied everyone's hunger for riding, adventure and fun. Thanks so much for the entire team of volunteers that made this event happen, from the set up, night rides, day rides, course confirmation, registration, etc.! Plus we have some great ideas for next year's event! Now comes the long task of paying bills, uploading pix and video, etc. etc....
-Tom

tdewitt
in second gear
in second gear

Postby tdewitt » Tue Jun 11, 2013 8:05 am

Already looking forward to next year and riding the A course. It was my first time and I had no idea what to expect. I can't find the words to say 'Thanks' so I will leave it at that and see you at the Rat dog.
01 DRZ 400e plated
05 DL 1000 V-STROM

Return to “Black Dog 2-Day Dualsport/Adventure Ride”