Wanted

Post your off-road or dualsport items here

Moderator: Tawmass

lovalljm
WFO
WFO

Wanted

Postby lovalljm » Sat Oct 14, 2006 7:58 am

:roll: Looking for a Yamaha XT 225 with electric start!!!!!! e-mail me at: lovalljm@msn.com
Every ride is a Good One!!

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Sat Oct 14, 2006 9:07 am

You retiring your 350, Jimbo?
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

lovalljm
WFO
WFO

Postby lovalljm » Tue Oct 17, 2006 8:37 am

:( Yes, Tom I am, after I fix the kickstand and rebuild the front end. And, buy a new set of handle bars. I think it is a little heavy for me, and I want a electric button. If you know of anyone that has a xt 225 I would like to try it. We just purchased an old 93 toyota pickup and plan to take the bikes and pickup when we travel. You never know you might run in to a good riding area or a dualsport run. Have a relaxing winter See Ya! Jim L. (camping hosting at the South Jetty Staging Area - until April 1st.)

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Tue Oct 17, 2006 9:10 am

Hey Jimbo,
You ought to contact Danno, as Dawn has one of those. Bet Danno/Dawn would let you take it for a puttsy. they're gone for a couple weeks though, so don't expect a quick answer.
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

lovalljm
WFO
WFO

Postby lovalljm » Wed Oct 18, 2006 11:08 am

:) Thanks Tommy, I will e-mail Danno Have a tremendous winter ha ha! Jim L. in Eugene

lovalljm
WFO
WFO

Postby lovalljm » Thu Nov 30, 2006 10:40 am

:lol: A little late but, I purchased a 99 xt225 and the "wanted" is no longer. Thanks for all the replys..... Dennis, Tom, and Eric who I purchased the xt from..... Already I have made it d.s. ready ( gps, roll chart, different mirror, and working on the muffler.) The muffler is, right now 100. Is that good enough Tommy? Everybody take care and have a happy and joyous holiday. Jim L. in eugene

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Thu Nov 30, 2006 12:32 pm

Is 100db too loud?

lovalljm
WFO
WFO

Postby lovalljm » Wed Dec 13, 2006 8:07 pm

8) any suggestions on a muffler for my xt225 that now has a "cobra" that we welded a couple of washers inside to quiet it down, but, to no avail. We were only able to get it down from 106 to 100.... and, by tommys picture that is not enough. Remember, I am retired and do not have a lot of money..... I repacked and welded a turned down tip on it also... Please advise.... I have been looking at an FMF, but, I cannot get anyone to say how low it will get!! Jim L. in Eugene

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Wed Dec 13, 2006 9:07 pm

Hey Jimster, how about the stock muffler? You should be able to find one cheap on Ebay or something. I just gave Ebay a look for you, but found nothing - dang. I thought EVERYTHING was for sale on Ebay! #-o

The FMF-Q Muffler is the only one that gets down to 96db from what I understand.
-Tom

lovalljm
WFO
WFO

Postby lovalljm » Thu Dec 14, 2006 11:59 am

Thanks for the info. I also have been looking on e-bay, but found nothing,. Maybe I will just ride it this way Ha. Ha. Where in the world did you come up with that photo of the lunch stop at diamond lake? You had to look in your old files. And by the way who is that "old" guy anyway???? Jim L. in Eugene

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Thu Dec 14, 2006 1:26 pm

Well, I don't know who that guy is, but he has a WAY cool mudflap on his rear fender! :thumbleft:
-Tom

cathpeta48
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Re:

Postby cathpeta48 » Mon Nov 08, 2021 3:58 am

lovalljm wrote::( Yes, Tom I am, after I fix the kickstand and rebuild the front end. And, buy a new set of handle bars. I think it is a little heavy for me, and I want a electric button. If you know of anyone that has a xt 225 I would like to try it assurance de prêt senior. We just purchased an old 93 toyota pickup and plan to take the bikes and pickup when we travel. You never know you might run in to a good riding area or a dualsport run. Have a relaxing winter See Ya! Jim L. (camping hosting at the South Jetty Staging Area - until April 1st.)

Maybe you could find it somewhere else on another site if it's not for you. I am always looking in junkyards.

Return to “Classified Items, Wanted, For Sale Or Trade”