|CLICK HERE to View/Print This Year's Flyer!(PDF format)||You can also signup/Register Online!||List of Entries Thus Far and PreRide Poopsheet|
|Event FAQ||Talk about the Dog Face!||CLICK HERE for the current weather!|
|Start/Finish: new location, Butte Falls, OR!|
|OMRA Dualsport Series|
|CLICK HERE to be more accurate at dualsport events!|
|We love our sponsors, so give them some love too!|
Last Updated Saturday, March 10, 2018
The 2nd Annual Dog Face Dualsport and Adventure Ride for 2018 is OFFICIALLY September 15 at Butte Falls, Oregon! $100 cash prize to one lucky entrant!
|Be sure and bring your guitar, harmonica, jug or whatever and join the campfire party in the evening!|
Dualsport Definition: a street-legal, on/off-road motorbike capable of traversing trails or tarmac and everything in between.
Adventure Definition: a larger, street-legal, on/off-road motorbike (or sidecar) capable of extended trips traversing dirt or gravel roads along with tarmac.
Course descriptions for our events Note: this is assuming dry weather conditions. Inclement weather or fire danger will dictate probably running only B or C courses, so as not to damage trails. Letter designations are in key with typical AMA enduro class descriptions.
|AA: VERY DIFFICULT [extremely advanced] - sophisticated and complex trails that are only passable by a real dirt bike. Extreme uphills/downhills and trials-like sections, which require lower gearing. Aggressive knobbies required.|
|A: DIFFICULT [advanced] - plenty of challenging trail that requires advanced trail techniques. Aggressive knobbies highly suggested.|
|B: MODERATE [normal] - moderate or mild trail skills required. Larger single-cylinder or two-up bikes should easily traverse these sections. Generally passable by an advanced Jeep/driver combo. Regular dualsport tires are acceptable.|
|C: EASY [very easy] - practically no trail. Mostly gravel road. Passable by large 2-cylinder bikes, two-up, sidecars or most any 4-wheel drive. Regular dualsport tires are acceptable.|
Here's a helpful check-off list of things to do before showing up for this event:
NOTE: we will not have the ability to process credit cards at the event's signup, so remember to have cash or a check! And don't worry if you think we're full - we've never turned anyone away yet, so show up! Also, no more pre-entries accepted beginning September 7 - post entries only after!
3/10/18: We got our permits in order from USFS - yes! And the flyer is now posted!
2/7/18: We are smack in the middle of permits (ugh), routes and scenery. This will prove to be a memorable ride!
11/11/17: We will try again! Let's hope the fire danger isn't what it was this year! Mark your calendars for September 15, 2018!
9/6/17: After MUCH thought, we've decided to cancel the Dogface Ride due to too much smoke and fire danger. USFS closed The Corral, so we tried to relocate to Butte Falls. We went out yesterday from there on a recon ride and, though it was awesome, we don't want people to think we don't abide, plus the scenery and views are nonexistent. We could simply delay it, but the weather guessers are always wrong. So, with much sadness, we are cancelling this year's Dogface Ride. We will leave it up to you riders that pre-entered if you'd like a refund or credit for next year. Please let us know via email. :-(
9/5/17: We will make a go/no-go decision today for this year's Dogface Ride. The Corral is officially closed, but we have a backup plan and are awaiting a response today. Stay tuned!
8/28/17: The Rat Dog Ride was finished like a boss, now it's time to focus on the Dog Face Ride! Was at a Conference, so just now updated the pre-entries. Do not worry about fire danger - if it's really bad, we will simply stay on dirt roads!
7/18/17: The flyer is done and posted! We finalized our new staging area: The Corral! It's easy to get to. Simply drive 6.2 miles north of the Prospect Ranger Station on Hwy 62, turn west on Abbott Creek Road #68, go 2.7 miles and turn right on Woodruff Creek Road. At 2.9 miles, stay right again and voila, you're there! GPS coordinates are: N42.87596 W122.49556. Be sure and sign up online to save the $10 post-entry fee!
3/3/17: We are still working on a new area to stage from, so stay tuned! We will update the flyer as soon as we get confirmation!
2/21/17: Updated the Pre-Registration List for 2017!
12/5/16: Looks like we will have the 2017 Dogface Ride on September 16, so mark your calendars!
9/13/16: All pre-entries are tabulated and now off making copies and getting prizes! The Pre-Ride Poopsheet is also posted above, or you can CLICK HERE! We will be leaving Wednesday afternoon for the duration. We plan on camping in the campground entrance area directly south of the lodge in sections A, B, and C [showers available]. The Start/Finish is in the Activity Center close to the Lodge itself across from Cabin #25, FYI. There is NO cell service or internet, so don't expect any responses - see you up there and plan on having fun!
9/12/16: Have been gone, off grid, the last week dualsporting in N. Nevada, so playing catch up now! Going out today to start marking the courses - yes! Will finish all the registrations and Preride Poop Sheet tonight!
8/12/16: Diamond Lake Resort: If overnighting, contact them for lodging at: www.diamondlake.net or call at: 541-793-3333! If camping, you will need to reserve with USFS at: www.reserveamerica.com …and enter Diamond Lake!
8/11/16: After MANY discussions with the landowners, we will be having the event at: Diamond Lake Resort! PLEASE MAKE A NOTE OF THIS! The flyer is now posted above, so download it and check it out!
5/26/16: There has been some confusion on the Dog Face date - it is officially September 17!
3/21/16: We just added the on-line registration option for the Dog Face! Now we just need to make a flyer for those that prefer that method!
Okay, this is the final: after many concerns
over hunting season, the Dog Face is officially moved to September 17,
2016 - please make note of it!
We are now even considering staging the
event in downtown Shady Cove since the local pizza place is rolling out
the red carpet - stay tuned!
12/5/15: After much checking, we've decided to bump up the date from Oct 15 to Oct 1 (due to hunting-season concerns), so make a note of that!
11/19/15: There is a chance that we might bump up the event date a week or two, depending on when Oregon decides to publish their hunting dates, so stay tuned!
11/10/15: Well, after much input, we've decided to try an event in Southern Oregon, so full speed ahead!