6/18/05 "Dirty Face Dualsport Ride" (WA) report an

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

6/18/05 "Dirty Face Dualsport Ride" (WA) report an

Postby Tawmass » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:38 am

I had one heckuva day and good time. It started at 2:30am for the drive up from Portland, doing the ride at Lake Wenatchee, then marathoning it back home by 12:30am Sunday. Wish I could've hung around, but had to get back to pick up my kid. Was definately worth the trip up and the weather couldn't have been better. Big tip of the Shoei helmet to the club for all their work! Was great to see so many familiar faces too. That AA trail was a major hoot and I even got to meet the local ranger (Randy). Dust was minimal, the sheriff let me off with no speeding ticket (just a warning), no (major) crashes and no getting lost. I'll be writing up a ride report shortly. For now, here's a few pix. Be sure and select the Large or Original size on the pano shots to get the full effect.

CLICK HERE

One of the club's sweep crew, Andy, has his pictures posted here:

CLICK HERE

Ride on,
-Tom
Last edited by Tawmass on Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:27 pm, edited 4 times in total.
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Mon Jun 20, 2005 9:40 am

Argh, just realized I forgot to post the GPS track maps, so will post those later today. Here's a map of the area for now. -Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Mon Jun 20, 2005 12:22 pm

GPS trackmap pix are now posted too with the rest of the photos.
-Tom

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Wed Jun 22, 2005 8:33 am

Updated the GPS trackmap pictures with base maps that had more detail. (Unsure why I didn't do that originally!) -Tom

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:34 am

There was a guy taking photos out on the course and has them available online at:

www.rozday.net

Dive
WFO
WFO

Postby Dive » Fri Jun 24, 2005 9:25 pm

The back tire on the Honda should have been a sure give away he was a ranger of some type. :wink:

I think they all use those. Personally they don't look aggressive enough, yet folk's swear by them.

DB

Return to “Dualsporting In General”