Cascade 150 Dualsport Ride Report & Pix

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Cascade 150 Dualsport Ride Report & Pix

Postby Tawmass » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:28 pm

Well, okay, I didn't really ride it, so not much of a ride report. I'll let the ones who did ride, talk about the course.

You can see my pictures by CLICKING HERE!

This was a "Kid Weekend", so my plans were to drive down early AM on Saturday to partake of the ride, riding two up with my kid on the Suzuki. Friday it rained and rained. Early Saturday morn it rained a bit on the way down, but I also had a semi-sick kid. She wasn't doing real well, so keeping her warm and comfortable were paramount. When I got there, people were stirring for signup and the skies didn't look pleasant, so I opted to just hang, drink coffee and drive to the checkpoints in the truck and play the games. Dive always supports my events, so I wanted to be sure and support his first event.

Ariel and I hung around awhile, then drove up to the midway check at the Detroit Lake Dam where Brian and Leesa had set up an EZ-Up - fortunately. As they were setting it up, the rains commenced and they never stopped. Eventually riders started trickling in and only about 10% took the bailout option of the highway back to the finish. The remainder continued on the course, where I understand it got very cold at the top of the summit.

After driving back to the start/finish, riders were already coming in and Dive and crew had numerous games for the riders to go through to acquire points. One was a Rubik's Cube, another was dart throwing, then tossing golf balls into buckets and it all culminated with Julie's warped and very-entertaining game of swinging a ball (from a pantyhose) into a wiffle ball. The object was to smack the wiffle down the sidewalk and every foot was 10 points. Lord, this created some great laughs and comments!

That's about it, other than my kid got fourth overall and I sucked as usual. Enjoy the pix!
-Tom
Last edited by Tawmass on Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:14 pm

Okay, I finally found a storage spot for the one video I took of Danno swinging his ball. :lol:

CLICK HERE and you will see the file titled "Danno_balling.AVI ". Right click on the filename and select "Save As" and save it to your hard drive somewhere. Once it's finished downloading all 20Megs of the file, you can then run it. Enjoy!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Dualsporting In General”