11-25-05 Day-After-Thanksgiving-Drumstick Ride Report

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

11-25-05 Day-After-Thanksgiving-Drumstick Ride Report

Postby Tawmass » Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:30 pm

CLICK HERE to view all the pictures

A few friends from work and a few other turkeys all decided to work off the major stuffing we got from Turkey Day and took off Friday morning to the deluge of liquid sunshine. We met at the Log Cabin Restaurant around 8ish and then decided to head out. Randy Burress decided he didn't wanna take his new KTM 450 out and get it dirty, since he was planning on going out with the Wifey the next day. That left the group total down to seven, consisting of Dave Klug, Doug White, Cary Scholer and his bud Brian, Joe Fuller, Brad Stevens and yours truly.
We staged out of Keenig Creek area and took off in a big counter-clockwise loop that consisted of Cedar Butte Trails, Frankenstein Trail, Wolf Point Trail, Mongo's Trail, Reeds Ridge, North & South Tower Trails, and culminated with BPA Trail.

The rains came down like the proverbial cow peeing on a flat rock, but traction in this area (as always) was incredible. It was raining SO BAD (How bad was it?) that I didn't even take my camera with me - EGAD! So no riding shots, just mugshots of the finish. We did a total of 33.8 miles and moving time was almost two hours (that's 17.3mph average for those of you mathematically challenged :wink:) and everyone pretty much had their fill. After the recent storms, there's a large amount of downed limbs and windfalls.
On our way home, we did the usual pit stop at Lee's Camp Store and some heavy-duty wrecker truck was towing a massive RV that had augered over the edge somewhere on the coast. We asked the tow-truck driver what had happened and he was more than happy to show us his pix - be sure to check out my pix of his pix! :shock:
Snow level's supposed to be down to 1,000' now. :( Have a great weekend and hope you got out too!
-Tom
Last edited by Tawmass on Tue Nov 29, 2005 7:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Dive
WFO
WFO

Postby Dive » Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:29 pm

Holy Moly - that's one lucky RV owner!

Well kinda lucky considering.

Return to “Dualsporting In General”