So i am considering getting a dual sport soon but im short lol!

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

Skinny Guinea
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

So i am considering getting a dual sport soon but im short lol!

Postby Skinny Guinea » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:47 am

My previous dual sport was a 2008 Honda crf230L but it was stolen years ago!!! I loved it but it was quite underpowered!! So now I'm thinking a 1970s Yamaha dt250!! The way I figured was its supposed to be a pretty good bike extremely quick you get the right year it's supposed to make 20 horsepower and will do 85 stock!! That's fast lol!! But I don't know if I can make it quiet enough not to get pulled over the time lol!! You figure it's loud and smokes everywhere too lol!! From what I've read the are supposed to be pretty reliable but i really don't know much about them any info would be helpful thanks guy's!! By the way I'm Evan and thanks for the add to the group!! Also would this bike be too loud for the June rally?
Live every day like its your last!!

And if you guys want to know why I'm single I want to keep my house my car and Motorcycles ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

Skinny Guinea
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Postby Skinny Guinea » Tue Apr 09, 2019 5:56 am

Also I have been been riding dirt bikes since I was a kid so I already know a fast two stroke wants to stand up quite a bit!!
Live every day like its your last!!

And if you guys want to know why I'm single I want to keep my house my car and Motorcycles ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

DomenicDel
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Re: So i am considering getting a dual sport soon but im short lol!

Postby DomenicDel » Thu Apr 11, 2019 7:38 am

Is there such a thing as 'too loud'? haha

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Sat Apr 13, 2019 6:00 am

Thank you for being noise conscious! Nobody likes the sound of a motor than me, however loud pipes lose rights, so keep it quiet.

I have some friends who are vertically challenged and there are ways to lower a bike and still have the goods. My Wife's KTM200 was lowered by a suspension shop and her dualsport was lowered with a Kouba Link and mere raising of the forks. A 70s DT1-250 handled horrible compared to newer bikes!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Ace!
WFO
WFO

Postby Ace! » Thu Jun 20, 2019 3:52 pm

I've got a DR650. Per the manufacturer it can be lowered relatively easy. The stock suspenders have a "spacer" that can be rearranged and the rear has a lower setting as well. It drops it 1.5" if I remember right. Anyway, I've got a short inseam too and have mine lowered. I'm considering raising it to stock high height because I feel pretty comfortable putting just one tippy-toe down at a light or maybe dropping it. If you're near So. Oregon you can come by and sit on it to see what the lowered suspension feels like.
Justitia suum cuique distribuit

Return to “Dualsporting In General”