Anybody live out west?(McMinnville area)

Whip out those license plates and winkies! Talk about whatever you want, as long as it's about dualsporting.

Moderator: Tawmass

kenr74
pulling in the clutch
pulling in the clutch

Anybody live out west?(McMinnville area)

Postby kenr74 » Thu Jun 07, 2007 8:29 pm

I have been trying to sell my ATV to buy a dual sport but finally decided I couldn't wait any more so I picked up a cheap KLR to get started on.

I just got my permit and was wondering if there is anybody out my way that wouldn't mind a new rider tagging along. I'm 5 miles from hundreds of miles of logging roads. I have been on quads my whole life and dirtbikes on and off but have zero road experience.

I have the bike all torn apart now but should be road worth after this weekend.

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Thu Jun 07, 2007 9:27 pm

Hey Ken,
Congrats on the new ride! Along with your post here, I suggest also posting over at the Oregon_DSR site and the OMRA Message Board also. You're lucky you live so close to the good riding!
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

kenr74
pulling in the clutch
pulling in the clutch

Postby kenr74 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 7:41 am

Thanks. I'll check them out. I'm not real impressed with the KLR so far but it will get me through the summer at least. It sure isn't an XR but it is legal so I can't complain much.

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:19 pm

Hey, for what they were designed for (long gravel road trips or pavement stints), they're awesome. Do not take them on much trail though. :)
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Dualsporting In General”