Rat Dog update: 9/6/04

Discuss the Rat Dog Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Rat Dog update: 9/6/04

Postby Tawmass » Mon Sep 06, 2004 8:18 pm

Well, we busted our fannies for you all this holiday weekend - riding all three days! I know "I" have a raging case of monkey butt and I'm sure Danno does too. The courses are pretty much confirmed (still need to confirm the South Loop) and the routes really do rock! We think we have a wee bit too much on the mileage, but then again, we always make sure you get your money's worth. Plus, you don't 'have' to do all three loops. If you just want to do one or two loops - no prob.

We went out with the rangers on Saturday and it 'seems' like they're approving of everything. I think it was an eye opener for them on some of it.

Sunday I went out and recorded the North loop, which WILL include Triangulation Peak (awesome!), then meanders to Tillamook and back. The Forestry Dept. said we cannot use ANY trails on the north side of Highway 6 (fire danger), which is a serious downer, however, we've filtered in a plethora of trail for the A riders on the South side.

Today we confirmed all of the (very cool) East Loop and the A section of the North loop (South of Hwy 6 - very sweet). Next weekend we should have the South Loop finalized and good to go.

We rode in rain, then major rain, on Saturday (remember, fire danger). Danno's (and my) bike are getting worn out! I know I already have over 750 miles logged just for this event, so don't even think about complaining about the routes! 8)

Everyone pray to the weather Gods and we all should have the usual rockin' time!
Ride on,
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Rat Dog 2-Day Dualsport-Adventure Ride”