Another Sidecar

Discuss the Rat Dog Ride!

Moderator: Tawmass

LostPuppy_Kate
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

Another Sidecar

Postby LostPuppy_Kate » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:33 pm

I just wanted to say hello and tell you that I am excited to give another try at riding a sidecar in a dualsport event. It is extremely difficult, like tying two bikes together witha metal rod and guiding it over boulders. Really a test in skills and being beaten like a rag doll, but I love it.

It will be my second event like this. I hope I don't get too lost and in your way. I will have no navigator this time (who forgot his glasses or was busy puking for 170 miles).. so maybe I won't get so lost and greet the sweep team so many times.

See you all there. Coming down from Bainbridge Island, WA with a borrowed rig... since I managed to blow my own bike up.

Kate :shock:
Kate

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Wed Sep 15, 2004 12:44 pm

Kate,
We're very much looking forward to as many sidehacks as possible! The course should be very fun and scenic for you. :lol:
-Tom
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

RedMenace
WFO
WFO

Yeah Kate!

Postby RedMenace » Wed Sep 15, 2004 5:28 pm

Looking forward to seeing you there!
Vernon Wade(The Red Menace)
Sidecar and Trike instruction
adventuresidecar.com

LostPuppy_Kate
kickstarting the bike
kickstarting the bike

this sucks

Postby LostPuppy_Kate » Thu Sep 16, 2004 10:38 am

:( :( :( :(

Well. I swaped out my borrowed rig for the ratdog bike. It made it a mile onto Highway 520 in rushhour traffice and managed to blow the headerpipe completely off the right jug. I managed to pull over without it dropping to hte ground and getting run over by a semi-truck.

Luckily I had loaded all my tools from my Yellow deco sidecar rig into the ratdog bike AND had my winter motorcycle gloves. I tried to refit it and pound it back on to the smell of burning leather. Hammers are a good thing to have.

Anyways.. the collor was tight at the muffler and I was barely able to get it into the exhaust port on the jug because the muffler was at a slight downward angle. Managed to go another .25 of a mile and it blew off again. The bike is jetted larger than most so at this point was blowing cool flames out the front. Managed to bumper to bumper traffic it off the freeway and to a gas station with flames blapping out the right jug.. would have looked cool at night.

Couldnt get the header pipe back on this time. It looks like the setup of the bike lacked the proper hangers past the collar to hold the muffler and header pipe.

so.. I won't be rat-dogging it. I do have to admit I want to go so bad I was thinking of going and buying a little honda dirtbike just to go.

:evil: :evil:

sigh. Have a fun ratdog. God is too busy kicking my butt around the universe right now.. so I figure I would save you all the trouble of having to tow me out of the mountains and just stay home.
sigh.
Kate

Tawmass
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Tawmass » Thu Sep 16, 2004 11:22 am

DANG!

:?
You don't stop riding because you grow old, you grow old because you stop riding.

Return to “Rat Dog 2-Day Dualsport-Adventure Ride”